Wednesday, February 17, 2010

d'oh.
gotta update more.
gotta get batteries for my camera to take pictures for all of you :)

those are the top priorities on my to-do list, as of right now.

I just picked up some coconut milk kefir custard from the local foods store I visit.


[Slow Pokes Local Food, Grafton, WI]

It's totally delicious! It tastes just like sour cream. Scratch that. EVEN BETTER than sour cream.

The woman who owns the place is simply amazing. She makes all these wonderful raw items (as well as gluten-free bakery and other healthy cooked items). I've tried her different varieties of cashew spreads (red pepper, basil, and plain), raw slaw (it's got just about every veggie imaginable in it!), raw granolas, etc. They've all been ridiculously good!

I recently also picked up some Indian Spiced Kraut from her shop, which is made locally in Wisconsin. (Will post picture asap!)

Sometimes I wonder how people stay thin on a raw diet... all I ever want to do is try all the tasty foods! :P

At any rate, I've been experimenting with juicing, as well as raw soups. Much success thus far! I've tried Heathy's Cucumber Cilantro soup and what the hell_ does_a vegan eat anyway's tomato and corn chowder in the past week, and both were exquisite.

I experimented making some more dehydrated potato chips... made some BBQ style sweet potato chips and some oniony regular potato chips... both were delicious and barely made it all the way through dehydrating! They were so good I couldn't stop eating them.

Anyway. My dad and I were supposed to head out to the cafe I spoke of in a previous entry... Cafe Manna... until I realized on their website that they had changed their menu around and left very litte raw options available, now. A bit disappointed.

I received an e-mail today from a local farm about participating in a workshare program. If I put in a certain amount of hours of work per week on the farm, I get free produce! I'm really excited about this, and I'm hoping it will teach me a lot about the growing process of produce, etc. since I eventually would love to grow much of my own food someday. The woman said we could meet after next Tuesday, so I hope all goes well :)

Well, I will be sure to update more later with pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment