Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So! I've got big news. I'm officially free of the nasty hormones!
This is a huge step in my raw journey, and it makes all the effort that I put into eating healthy seem so much more worthwhile. Honestly, the effects of Raw were so incredibly hindered by that tiny little pill that I took everyday that it's mind boggling. It's only been a couple weeks off of the pill, and I already feel like a new woman. Like MYSELF again.

With that said, I've also started my pursuit to finding a doctor that will give me a referral for a tubal ligation. This is something I have thought very long and hard about, in addition to doing plenty of research about my other options and the procedure itself. I've never wanted kids, and I would look forward to having a little spontaneity without having to worry about the possible consequence. My mom has been so supportive and has even offered to take off of work the day I'd have my procedure done whenever I do find a doctor to do it for me. It's really nice knowing that I have her support while I know a lot of mothers wouldn't be so supportive of the idea of never having grandchildren. It's refreshing to know that her interests are pure and unselfish.

At any rate, I've been eating good, exercising, and feeling better and better. My creative spark has returned and I came up with a simple and unique, but delicious recipe with a photo :)




Pineapple-Raisin Salad

Julienned carrots
Sliced zucchini
RaisinsDiced pineapple
Diced red onion
Chopped basil
Olive Oil
Agave
Sea Salt
I apologize for the lack of measurements, but when I create, I don't pay a lot of attention to measurements. I also made this as a small side to an entree, so it was not a portion large enough to record measurements for. Never the less, the method is as follows:

On a plate lay down a "bed" of julienned carrots. Arrange zucchini slices atop the carrots, and gently sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the zucchini slices. In a separate bowl, combine raisins, diced pineapple, red onion, chopped basil, a few drizzles of olive oil, a couple drizzles of agave, and a dash of sea salt. Mix well, and pour over your carrot and zucchini plate. Garnish with basil for visual effect ;) ENJOY :)
I know it sounds like such an odd combination, but I promise you it's delicious. If you want to give it a go, I suggest making the pineapple and onion in approximately equal parts, and approximately equal parts of olive oil and agave as well using maybe only slightly more olive oil. You can have fun with how you go about eating it. I liked eating the zuc slices with my hands with the pineapple-raisin mixture on top, but it was good all mixed up too. You could certainly rather chop the zucchini for eating with a spoon or fork a bit easier, but the slices were mainly for visual effect. :)

I ate this in addition to a zucchini pasta, because I'm a total zucchini freak!


That was my hefty plate of food. It's still shocking to me how thin I'm able to stay just by eating raw foods... I eat SO much!

The pasta was simply spiralized zucchini with some mushrooms topped with Fresh Corn and Avocado salad. When I make that salad I always use basil... I never use the olive oil (totally unnecessary), nor do I use pepper. It's sooo dee-lish! It's something I make a couple times a week! I'm addicted.

I've also recently tried apricots for the first time ever! I don't know how I never tried them until recently!

Anyway, I shall be off to tend to the rest of my duties for the day...hope everyone has a happy and safe rest of the week!

xox

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog :) I saw your zuchinni pasta down there. Do you have one of those spiraler thingys? I love mine! I can't remember what it is called. I am following you now. Stop my my site too and follow me if you like it :)

    elilaiann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dishes look so yummy! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete